protecting people, places & systems
Security is contagious…
Contact malcom @ foxholeconsultng.co
not just for schools
Walmart, CHESAPEAKE, VIRGINIA
6 workers were killed.
The Chesapeake store was closed for 5 months. Walmart was sued by an employee for $15 million in a wrongful death lawsuit (+ 30 million from the gunman’s estate.) A second lawsuit was filed, also for $50 million.
Tops Market, BUFFALO, NEW YORK
10 shoppers & employees were killed.
The supermarket was closed for 2 months.. NYS AG sued the gun manufacturer. Families sued social media platforms for sharing content that that fueled the racially motivated attack.
St. Francis Hospital, TULSA, OK
4 people killed, the shooter takes his own life.
A family member of a victim has filed a negligence lawsuit against the hospital for unspecified monetary damages. The impact rippled through the community.
- Employers lose an average of $1.47M per day in productivity and revenue.
- Taxpayers, survivors, families, and employers pay an average of $7.79 M daily in health care costs.
- With the increase in mass shootings companies face increased liability, the expectation is they should be prepared for an event.
- Damage to brand reputation results in continued revenue downslide
- Customers and employees leave
- Vendors may re-evaluate financial terms and agreements
- Partner relationships jeopardized by negative publicity, lawsuits and loss of life.
- MGM Hotel settled a lawsuit after the Las Vegas Shooting for $800M, despite the victims were damaged outside the hotel.
Sutherland Springs Church mass shooting killed 27 people with an additional 22 people injured. A federal judge awarded $230 Million on behalf of the victims.
Cybersecurity stans AI
Contact pat @ foxholeconsultng.co
SECURITY THAT THINKS
Vectra is the leader in Security AI-driven hybrid cloud threat detection and response. Vectra’s Attack Signal Intelligence™ detects and correlates attacker behaviors, blocking out the non-essential noise..
The resulting clarity enables security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most urgent cyber-attacks and stop them from becoming breaches.
Certified Vectra Partner
Best Practices for Cyber
- Doesn’t need to unencrypt data while looking for intrusions
- Provides real-time intelligence
- Cuts response time by shortening breach lifecycle.
- System applies fast response trouble shooting tools
- Targets alerts on intruder actions based on machine learning
- Prioritzed alerts reduces noise and focuses efforts on real threats